4 pieces of bacon, sliced 1" (2.5 cm)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup (125 ml) veal or beef stock
1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped tomatoes, drained
2 cans 14 oz (398 ml) Graves beans in tomato sauce
1 tsp (5 ml) freshly chopped thyme
1 bay leaf
Salt and freshly ground pepper
3 Toulouse sausages
3 duck or chicken thighs confit
- In an oven-proof casserole dish, on medium heat, sauté bacon for 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add veal stock, crushed tomatoes, beans, thyme and bay leaf. Season to taste.
- Bring to a boil, add sausages and simmer covered for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover, add duck thighs and continue cooking at 350 oF (180 oC) for 20 minutes.
- Serve one portion of beans, half a sausage and half a duck thigh per person.