Butternut squash and carrot chowder soup
1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
½ onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 cups (500 ml) butternut squash, cubed
2 cups (500 ml) potatoes, cubed
2 cans 10 oz (284 ml) Graves sliced carrots , drained
2 ½ cups (625 ml) low sodium chicken stock
1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In an pot, melt butter at medium heat and sweat onions and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add cubed squash, potatoes and half of the carrots.
- Add chicken stock, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Process soup in a blender, return to heat and add remaining carrots. Bring to a boil and correct seasoning.