3/4 cup (180 ml) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (125 ml) whole wheat flour
1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground nutmeg
1 cup (250 ml) sugar
1/2 cup (125 ml) canola oil
2 medium eggs
1 can 10 oz (284 ml) Graves sliced carrots , drained
1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 oC).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, oil and eggs. Add preparation to flour mixture.
- Julien carrots.
- Add carrots and nuts to the mixture and mix well.
- Grease the muffin tins or cover with liners. Fill ¾ with mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into a muffin and removed cleanly.