Chick pea and chocolate chip cookies
¾ cup (180 ml) Graves chick peas , drained and rinsed
1 cup (250 ml) packed brown sugar
¾ cup (180 ml) margarine or softened butter
1/2 tbsp (7 ml) vanilla extract
1 ½ cups (375 ml) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
2 cups (500 ml) quick cooking oats
1 cup (250 ml) milk chocolate chips
¾ cup (180 ml) chopped pecans
- Mash chick peas with a fork. Remove skins if desired.
- Preheat oven at 375 oF (190 oC).
- In a bowl, crema brown sugar and margarine.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add chick peas and vanilla. Incorporate.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together.
- Add flour to brown sugar mixture one-third at a time, mixing well each time.
- Add oats, milk chocolate chips and pecans. Mix briefly.
- On two greased baking sheets, place the dough to make 12 cookies, leaving 1" between each one. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are golden, but still tender in the middle.