Ground turkey and chipotle bean burritos
1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 lb (450 g) ground turkey
1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Graves chipotle beans
3 tbsp () tomato paste
1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
1 tsp (5 ml) Tex Mex seasonings
Salt and freshly ground pepper
8 whole wheat tortillas
1 cup (250 ml) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil to medium high and sauté onions, garlic and celery for 3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add beans, tomato paste and spices. Cook for 3 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
- Microwave 4 tortillas for 30 seconds. Repeat for the four others.
- On each tortilla, place ½ cup (125 ml) of stuffing in a log shape. Add cheese and fold each end towards the middle of the tortillas and roll to form burritos.
- Serve hot accompanied with sour cream and/or guacamole.