Pasta e fagioli
1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Graves baked beans in tomato sauce
1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
3 oz (90 g ) pancetta, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 can 19 oz (540 ml) diced tomato
1 tbsp (15 ml) freshly chopped rosemary
2 tbsp (30 ml) freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 tsp (1 ml) chili pepper flakes
Salt and freshly ground pepper
3/4 lb (350 g ) tagliatelle
- Using a food processor or hand mixer, process legumes until smooth.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil and lightly brown pancetta for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and onion and continue cooking on low for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add legume purée, diced tomatoes, herbs, chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cook on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook tagliatelle in boiling water according to package instructions. Drain pasta when done.
- On a plate, add one serving of pasta, top with sauce and serve.