Shells with seafood and vegetable
4 - 6
6 cups (1.5 litre) potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
1 3/4 cups (430 ml) milk
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
1 lb (450 g) mixed seafood (shrimp and scallops)
2 cans 10 oz (284 ml) Graves Mixed Vegetables , drained
1 ½ cups (375 ml) grated cheese (Swiss, Emmental, Gruyere, strong cheddar, etc.)
- In a pan, add potatoes and cover with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, melt 2 tbsp (30 ml) of butter and add flour. Whisk to form a paste.
- Add milk gradually while whisking. Simmer until thickened for a smooth béchamel sauce. Season and add nutmeg.
- Drain potatoes and mash. Add ¼ cup of butter, salt and pepper.
- In a shell shape, pipe mashed potatoes along the edges of the mould. Set aside.
- Add the seafood and vegetables to the hot sauce and cook for a few minutes.
- Add Macedonia vegetables and reheat everything.
- Pour the seafood vegetable sauce into the moulds. Top with cheese and broil to brown.