Black bean brownies
9 - 12
1 cup (250 ml) Graves black turtle beans , drained and rinsed
⅔ cup (160 ml) sugar
¼ cup (60 ml) canola oil
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
¼ cup (60 ml) unsweetened apple juice
¼ cup (60 ml) cocoa powder
¾ cup (180 ml) all-purpose flour
¼ cup (60 ml) Graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 oF (180 oC).
- In a food processor, process black beans.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with sugar. Add beans, oil, vanilla and apple sauce, alternating with cocoa powder, flour and Graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour the preparation into a 9" (23 cm) lightly greased mould.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Graves red kidney beans can also be used in this recipe.