Brownies with beans
9 - 12
About ½ can 14 oz (398 ml) Graves beans in maple syrup
1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
2/3 cup (160 ml) sugar
1 pinch salt
1 cup (250 ml) dark chocolate
1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
1/4 cup (60 ml) pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 oF (180 oC).
- Mash beans with a fork to obtain ¾ cup (180 ml) purée.
- In a large bowl, mix flour with sugar and salt.
- Melt chocolate in bain marie with butter.
- Mix well all ingredients in the bowl with the sugar and flour.
- Add pine nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the square lightly buttered, oven-proof dish.
- Smooth out the surface.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.