Chick pea and apple muffins
250 ml (1 cup) Graves chick peas , drained and rinsed
½ cup (125 ml) canola oil
1 cup (250 ml) canned apple pie filling
¾ cup (180 ml) whole wheat flour
¾ cup (180 ml) all-purpose flour
⅓ cup (80 ml) brown sugar
2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 oC). Grease muffin tins or cover with liners.
- Mash chick peas with a fork to obtain a purée.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with oil, chick pea purée and apple pie filling.
- Mix together dry ingredients in another bowl and incorporate web ingredients until flour is moist.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until muffins bounce back when pressed.