Ground turkey and chipotle bean burritos
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lb (450 g) ground turkey
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Graves chipotle beans
- 3 tbsp () tomato paste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Tex Mex seasonings
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil to medium high and sauté onions, garlic and celery for 3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add beans, tomato paste and spices. Cook for 3 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
- Microwave 4 tortillas for 30 seconds. Repeat for the four others.
- On each tortilla, place ½ cup (125 ml) of stuffing in a log shape. Add cheese and fold each end towards the middle of the tortillas and roll to form burritos.
- Serve hot accompanied with sour cream and/or guacamole.