Moroccan carrot dip
1 can 10 oz (284 ml) Graves sliced carrots , drained
1/2 cup (125 ml) Graves chick peas , drained and rinsed
1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
1/2 tsp (2 ml) harissa
1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground coriander
1/2 tsp (2 ml) cumin seeds
1/4 tsp (1 ml) paprika
1 pinch ground cinnamon
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, process carrots with chick peas.
- Gradually add oil and lemon juice. Process until smooth.
- Add harissa, coriander, half of the cumin seeds, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl. Top with a little olive oil and remaining cumin.
- Serve with crackers, raw vegetables or bread (baguette, pita, etc.)